Saturday, March 21, 2009

Breakfast, Canadian Style

One Saturday morning, we decided we would treat our roommates to a real Canadian breakfast. So we cooked up Dan’s favourite, french toast. We bought 2 loaves of raisin bread fresh from the bakery, a carton of eggs (you would think 12, but here in Germany they come in 6s or 10s), OJ, real kanadischer maple syrup (yes we splurged!), powdered sugar and some good deutsch butter. Our roommates were pleased especially Sergio, a real cinnamon freak like me. He ate every piece with added cinnamon and sugar. The Ukrainians were still addicted to Nutella and decided to top their french toast with chocolate. To each their own. I still prefer mine with a little butter that melts instantly when spread and a dusting of powdered sugar. Now and then, I’ll add some maple sugar but that’s Dan’s fav. We took some pictures and hopefully a few years down the road when I look at these pictures, only the good memories of living with 2 other couples will come flooding back.

No comments: