So the time finally arrived for Dan along with his American-that is South American- friends to put their FuSball forces together in the annual soccer tournament. They had height, speed, fancy footwork and a 12 year old Brazilian- they were the CBF Amerikana’s. A force to be reckoned with- yes. A favourite among fans- definitely. Unbeatable….well we thought so. An unfortunate loss in the single knockout round put them in the losers bracket. They played with determination, aggression (as any REAL soccer does) and finesse. The fans cheered, yelled and were proud of them even though they didn’t leave with the gold. Good thing it was a “just for fun” tournament. But don’t tell that to the boys, to them it was “the” tournament to win. They had fun, I could see that but I could also see they were not happy with the result. I had fun, snapped lots of pictures like any good Auslander. Here’s what I came up with.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Soccer (FuBball) tournament
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment