Friday, May 29, 2009

Angelina and Enrico's Farm

As the sun was starting to set, we arrived at Angelina and Enrico’s Farm. Once again I got to take a look at their thousand upon thousands of baby chicks. This was batch number two. Then, I got check out the rest of the animals that I didn’t get to see in the winter. They had hunting dogs, a MASSIVE swine, a few horses, more dogs, other chickens for laying eggs and so many cute puppies! We are definitely getting a puppy when we get back to Edmonton. (Right Dan? Yet another family member that does not read my blog. ) More importantly, I got to meet the rest of my cousins- Vicenzo, the eldest and the twins- Franko and Massimo. Then guess what…we ate again. We spent the rest of the evening and well into the next morning eating farm fresh roasted chicken, homemade salami, fresh pressed wine, home-baked goodies and yummy aperitifs. Italians know how to host. It’s got to be in the blood. At the end of the day, I was satisfied but was sad to say goodbye to newfound family. But I know it is not goodbye but arrivederci…see you soon.

No comments: