Saturday, April 18, 2009

Monkeying Around at the Hannover Zoo

After Dan promising to take me to the Calgary Zoo for 5 years now and not going, he made up for it by taking me to the Hannover Zoo. Again, we were lucky with the weather, missed the rain and the sun even came out to play. It was just the two of us even though we invited the whole Teen and Youth group from Bergen to join us. They were all busy with birthday parties and whatever else seemed more important than going to the Zoo with your Canadian youth leaders. It turned out to be a great date, just the two of us. It’s weird how real dates tend not to happen when away in another country. Not that they really happened much in Canada either. But we will be making that a bigger priority when we get back. So we say. Back to the zoo…we saw lots of different animals that impressed us but everyone knows that monkeys are the best to watch. Although not necessarily PG, they always make me laugh.

I had told Dan that I was going to take his picture in front of every animal we see as he does his best impression of that animal. I thought it would be hilarious and Dan…well he thought it would just be embarrassing. My mom makes a mean monkey face so I talked Dan into making the face for his dear mother-in-law. I knew she would really appreciate it. He took the bait and I played along and got my picture taken too.









No comments: