Saturday, April 4, 2009

Wedded Bliss






Today I attended my first German wedding. Janine, a student here at the Bible school, got married today. It was a special day not only for her and her husband, Dieter but also for her 10 year old daughter Mieke. The weather cooperated nicely and the orange and yellow gerbera’s added a little sunshine inside as well. The students helped set up and prepare for the wedding and I was put in charge of serving champagne after the ceremony along with Birte and Sarina. We had a blast filling and over filling glasses as fast as we could before everyone made their way outside. Corks were flying all over the place and we were shrieking and laughing as we almost popped each others eyes out. The students particularly enjoyed attending the wedding as we all got to get in our best dress and take a nice group shot. The girls of course had to have a full out photo shoot. I am however, not one of those girls. I had to pull Dan away to get one of us and then I had to elbow him in order for him not to make a funny face in the picture. Do you think he will grow out of this? I mean, I like funny pictures but I like to have nice ones too. So here’s what we came up with.

No comments: